Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mario Cart Wii Madness!


So, when I got off work Wednesday I headed down to Akiba for a little shopping. I do not often find myself in Akiba. The place just creeps me out too much. All the tourist and cartoon geeks really turn me off from the place. None the less, Akiba does have the best Yodobashi department store in Tokyo. The staff there are better than other`s in the chain of department stores. My reason for even going there was to buy Mario Cart Wii. The gal suggested I buy it(more like politely demanded). Like myself, she gets on these gaming kicks sometimes. It is fun for us to get a bottle of hard liqueur, hide out in our apartment, and plays video games until we pass out. I know that sounds strange but we are those kind of people.

It is real easy to shop at Yodobashi in Akiba. They usually have a few people who can speak English well enough to effectively help me out. It did not take long for one of the nice gentlemen who work there to ask me if I needed any help. I guess I the `I don`t have a fucking clue how to find what I want` look on my face. He want all out with helping me. He took me to the area in which the Wii games were sold. He made sure I bought exactly what I needed. The guy even walked me right up to the check out counter. I felt a little awkward being lead around the store like a lost puppy, but I was thankful for his help all the same. Before I left he gave me his business card. He said, `You never need help at this store again just find me and I will take care of you sir.` His final gesture made me feel even more awkward.

Anyway, when I presented Mario Cart Wii(which included one game and two diving wheels) to the gal, she jumped for joy. I must admit I was a little excited as well. After a light dinner and a quick shower, the gal and I were all ready for an evening of drunk driving at home. I was surprised we got through an entire bottle of vodka was were still able to play the game. In true Wii style you actually have to `drive` to play the game. As you become more drunk, your ability to judge how much to turn the wheel should decrease. As luck would have it, the drunker I got the better my ability to play the game. So, maybe drunk driving has it advantages(LOL).

4 comments:

Chris said...

"I do not often find myself in Akiba. The place just creeps me out too much. All the tourist and cartoon geeks really turn me off from the place"

Oh man that looks like it coulda come outta my mouth!!

Meanwhile...
I added you to my Blogroll. I got nothing offensive goin' on over there so no worries.
And good luck with the habit kicking.

Benjamin L. Belcher said...

that game rules. Ever since I moved to Japan and have been stripped of driving privileges, my interest in driving games (mainly grand theft auto 4) has increased dramatically!

Jon Doe said...

@Chis--Yeah,Akiba just does not do it for me. Thank you adding me to your blog roll. I will return the favor.

@Benjamin--I agree it does rule. I kind of miss driving.

Anonymous said...

Have you already heard about the game "No more heroes" ? It's not a driving game like "Mario kart" but i think you could like it. You should ask the vendor to show you that game, the next time you go to Yodobashi.